Jul 15, 2016

Miracles Still Happen Today


Hello Readers!

I wanted to share some amazing things that have been happening in my life recently.  I hope it shows you that miracles still do happen today!  God is at work in lives, and He loves each and every one of you!




I have been spending a lot of my summer practicing for a CLEP test that I took last week.  The subject was psychology... thus, I have not been enjoying studying this topic. ;)  Psychology is just not my thing. =)   After studying for more than a month, I still barely scraped by on the practice tests!  Because my brother and I were both studying for CLEP tests and we wanted a summer break *grin*, we decided to wing it.  We hopped into the test not knowing if we would pass.  (Talk about stressful!)  I asked several of my closest friends to be praying for my exam as I took it.

While I sat at the testing computer, God was with me.  No, I couldn't feel Him, or see Him, or touch Him.  But as I came to questions around the middle of the test, my brain began to get tired.  Two or three times, I came across easy questions, which I put somehow down wrong answers.  Immediately, God seemed to say, "Try again, Hosanna!"  Somehow, my eyes were opened.  I saw how close I had been to marking the wrong answers.  I could honestly sit back in the testing room and laugh to myself.  God cares about those little things!  Needless to say, my score was tons higher than what was even possible.  My practice tests were terrible, but I *somehow* flew by the real one with flying colors.  Talk about a God thing! =)

Another miracle that has happened this month surpasses my little test taking miracle by far.  For nearly a year, I have been praying for a friend's dad, who has had Pulmonary Fibrosis.  Basically, his lungs were dying.  He couldn't take large breaths, and he was slowly declining.  Through the trials that their family has come through, my friend has remained so strong in the Lord.  She has been praising Him through every trial.  (Which has encouraged me SO much!)

After praying for a year, it's easy to lose faith.  I think some of us thought that his healing would never happen.  Only a miracle could heal this impossible disease!  But that's what God gave us—a miracle!

Only a week or two ago, their family was notified that there was hope.  Healthy lungs were available to be transplanted into his body!  Through a long and terrifying day for him and his family, he had both lungs replaced with new, working lungs.  God blessed their family so much, and now their daddy is on the mend!  He was able to walk six miles in a 24 hour period!  Every day, I receive updates from my friend's mom.  The updates almost always end with the same message:  

Let everything that has breath praise the Lord!

The family is still going through a hard time.  He is still struggling as he going through the healing process.  The enemy has been trying to discourage them.  My friend's little sisters *happened* to get fevers around the same time as the procedure on their dad.  But through it all, God is strong!  He has given them strength to overcome every trial!  Annnnnnd...he is supposed to be released from the hospital TODAY if things work out!!  Praise the Lord!

As someone who knows what hard times feel like, my friend wanted to share these words.

"These trials are temporary.  Do not let them steal your joy, for trials will perish, but the joy found in the Lord will never die!"

If you are going through a hard time right now, do NOT despair!  God is with you!  The same One who calmed the storms, raised the dead, and gave sight to the blind loves you so much.  You are never alone!


Have you experienced a miracle in your own life?  Are you going through a hard time that I can pray for?  Comment below!

18 comments:

  1. That is awesome, Hosanna! God really does care for us, and it's so exciting when he shows it to us like you have seen. =) Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Emily!!! Don't you just love when God shows Himself strong in our daily lives? Even the little things--a fresh breeze, a smiling stranger, a happy memory--are blessings from Him! How loving our God is! =)

      Delete
  2. AnonymousJuly 15, 2016

    Wonderful, wonderful post Hosanna! I just love Carli's story. I'm sure it's more special to you that to me since you've been praying for her longer, but it still is incredible! And your CLEP score was like...wow. ;) You did amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Hannah!! Yes, I have been praying for her for a while! And I have grown to love her like my own sister. =) Her story is so incredible! And thank YOU for praying for my CLEP test! Love you, girly!! =)

      Delete
  3. Girl, amazing amazing amazing post!!!! We have an awesome God!!!
    And wonderful job on your CLEP test!! It's so sweet when we can see God taking care of the little things like that. =)
    WOAH. That is AWESOME!!!! I will most definitely be praying for a safe recovery for her dad! That is AMAZING!
    I have most definitely experienced a miracle in my own life. To make a long story short: we were having a bake-sale to raise money for Bibles to send to foreign countries. At the end we raised about $90, which was a bit less than the last bake-sale. It discouraged me. But then that afternoon some money came from an anonymous donor. IT WAS $100!!! That was most definitely a miracle.
    Again, great post, Hosanna!
    -Ariel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ariel! Your comments make me smile. =)

      Yes! Her dad is home now with his family and precious daughters! <3 Praise God!!

      And Ariel! That's a wonderful miracle! And such a worthy cause!! We take Bibles for granted all. the. time. In other countries, people are STARVING for God's Word!!! And we have Bibles collecting dust on our book shelves?! Thank YOU for helping spread the Good News!! =) His ways are so perfect and amazing. <3

      Delete
  4. Praise God! Those are both wonderful miracles! I have witnessed a few miracles. One was witnessing a demon leave someone—that was freaky but totally amazing. Another was when I was younger I had a huge scab and as I prayed with my mom, it disappeared before my very eyes! Let everything that has breath praise the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O_O BETHANY. That is amazing!!! Both of those miracles are just un-explainable! That's such a God moment! But it shouldn't seem so unusual...Jesus cast out demons all the time, and His power lives in us, right? We should be doing this every day! ;) I am sure that they both encouraged and strengthened your faith!! That's a great testimony to share with others!
      Thank YOU!

      Delete
    2. You are so welcome. It is wonderful to share testimonies of God's power! That's one reason why I enjoy blogging, it's a great way to share and to also hear from others.

      Delete
    3. That is very true! Blogging is a great way to testify of what God has done in your life. =) I have enjoyed using it to open up a way to meet other sisters in Christ as well. =) Like you!!

      Delete
  5. Wow. Praise the Lord! Those stories are so encouraging -- thank you so much for sharing, Hosanna. :) The God we serve is so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He IS amazing, Faith!! We read so many spectacular stories from missionary biographies and the Bible, but how often do we actually see the miracles in our own lives? When they DO show up, it's simply astounding! =)

      Delete
  6. This was an amazing post, Hosanna! Isn't God awesome? I think miracles probably happen more than we think; we just don't pay attention sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is awesome! =) And YES! I think there are miracles all around us - every breath that we take, every heart beat, every smile...it's all a miracle! <3

      Thanks for commenting, Savannah. =)

      Delete
  7. That's our incredible God. Thanks so much for sharing and encouraging us, and for honoring God by declaring His good works!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome, Jordy! =) It's the least we, as Christians, can do for Someone who has done SO MUCH for us. "Let everything that has breath praise the Lord!"

      Delete
  8. Thanks foe sharing,Hosanna! It is a great encouragement as we are walking through a very difficult time with some very dear friends, like family. He had a vone marrow transplant in April and has gone through so much as his body tries to reject the stem cells. Please pray for John B. We know our God is the Great Healer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting, Mrs. Donna. <3 I will keep John B. in my prayers, as well as you and Mr. Billy! God can do amazing things, as you have shared over and over through your ministering. =) I love you guys so much!

      Delete