Jul 1, 2017

the Rebelution | Hope Found in the Face of Death


This isn't my normal posting day.  We're still discussing Project Love on my last post and evaluating which areas we struggle with most and need encouragement, prayer, and Christ's loving help.  But I need to draw you away from that for a moment to share some bittersweet and precious memories.

Many of you were here back in September when my family experienced the miscarriage of our little brother.  (if not, you can read about it here)  As you know, it was hard.  Probably the hardest day of my life.  It drained me, and my emotions were everywhere.  But I can truthfully say that I wouldn't have traded Kalem's life for anything.

Why am I bringing this up again after all these months?  Well, in a way Kalem's life is part of me now.  It changed who I am.  At the end of March, his due date passed by...the day we were supposed to be holding his perfect, little body.  With those memories all around me, I wrote his story, and now, although time has passed, I want to share that story with you.

If you were one of those who offered prayer and encouragement back during the miscarriage: thank you.  Thank you more than you'll ever know.  I hope this story still touches your life.

And new readers, thank you as well.  You continue to encourage me.  I hope this first-time read will inspire you to live a radical life for our Savior.

Before I share it, I want to add something.  Several years ago I read a book that greatly inspired me.  Do Hard Things by Alex and Brett Harris is one of my favorite books, and it changed the way I view my life.  If you haven't, please read it!

Because of that book, the brothers started a website dedicated to encouraging teenagers to push back low expectations and do hard things for Jesus Christ.  And (a little dream-come-true for me!), Kalem's story was accepted as a post on that site.  (You have no clue how excited I was that God worked that out!!)

Please hop on over to The Rebelution and read Kalem's story.  I hope it touches you like it has me.

2 comments:

  1. How exciting that your post made it onto The Rebelution blog! I saw the post show up yesterday, and I was thrilled for you. :)
    And the post itself... it was beautifully written. Thank you for sharing your story so that others can be blessed by it. <333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Emily! I can't describe how excited I was...God is so good!! This was huge for me. =) I'm glad that the post was a blessing to you - keep pursuing the adventure He has for you, my friend! ♥

      Delete