Nov 24, 2017

A Special Gift


photo credit:  Max Pixel





Dear Readers,

Happy Thanksgiving!!  I hope you had a beautiful day celebrating God's goodness and savoring the time with family and friends.  Our house had 38 people, and what fun we had!  If only Thanksgiving lasted a bit longer.  =)  But isn't every day a time to be thankful and savor life together?

Before the Thanksgiving meal, we gathered together to read verses about thankfulness and share what we are thankful for.  So I want to do the same on here!  First, here is the verse I read.  And how true it is.

Amen! Blessing and glory and wisdom, thanksgiving and honor and power and might be to our God forever and ever.  Amen. 

He's done so much for us.  Every breath, every sunrise and smile and feeling of warmth is a gift from above (James 1:17).  He deserves everything.  Blessing.  Glory.  Wisdom.  Thanksgiving.  Honor.  Power.

And I'm thankful for one special gift this Thanksgiving.

In the last post, I shared some hard times I went through in life.  Test taking, the miscarriage, a hurting friend, nervousness before the play.  But God brought resolutions to every one.  Tests were passed.  The friend was healed.  The play went wonderfully.

But I didn't share the very dearest moment that I am so thankful for.

We received this precious picture last week.




Look at that!!!!  See those eyes?  See the adorable, tiny body?

Last year, God took baby Kalem up to heaven.  And this year, He's giving us another, little blessing.  =)  This baby won't replace Kalem.  He will always have a special place in our family, and I can't wait to meet him in heaven.  But God turned our mourning into joy.  We don't only have a little treasure waiting in heaven.  We're going to have another one, right in our arms!

And the miracle of it all?  God chose to give this baby the same due date as Kalem.  The exact same day.  There's 365 days in a year, but He chose March 30th!  Out of an entire year.  Tell me that isn't amazing.

This Thanksgiving, I'm so thankful for our baby.  There are many other blessings, but how could I not fall in love with this tiny human who will be my baby sibling?

My parents found out the gender last week and announced it by buying silly spray in the color.  The cans were unmarked, so we had no clue!  Girls sat on one couch, boys on another, and we had a countdown.  I'll leave you to find out what happened.  =)




I'm so happy!!!  But I'll wrap up this post before I drag on too long.  =)  If you're wondering about names, that takes a while to figure out.  It has to be perfect, after all.  But, for now, my 3 year old sister dubbed her Baby Raspberry.  So that will have to do until we pick a more permanent name.  =)

What are you thankful for?  What verse/passage has stood out to you recently?  I'd be thrilled to hear about your own special blessings in life and the Thanksgiving celebration you had.  =)  Or if you didn't celebrate, how has God been blessing you during this upcoming Christmas season?

I'm thankful for every one of you!

Love,
Hosanna

~♥~

4 comments:

  1. Happy thanksgiving!! And congratulations to your family!!! That's so exciting and happy! I've never had any younger siblings. My family and I had a great thanksgiving. I'm very thankful just for all of my blessings... my family, friends, the body of Christ, my sisters in Christ I've met through blogging, God's redemption and love.... the list goes on.
    I hope you have a great weekend :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the list indeed goes on and on! Today I'm especially thankful for warmth even in winter, sunshine on the lake, family hiking trips, and all the beauty around us. =) And thank you! We are all very excited for this new baby. ♥ God's love is amazing. Sometimes I forget that, but it's so easy to see when we take our eyes off the world and look up.

      And you as well! Have a restful Sunday focusing on His love! I'm thankful for you. =)

      Delete
  2. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!! =)
    That is SO exciting that you are going to have another little sibling, Hosanna!!! <3 That is so much fun! I am very happy and excited for you and your family! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much, Rebekah!! I'm extremely excited too. =) God is so faithful and good all the time, even when life blinds us and we can't see Him. Keep pressing on, my friend. God's got the whole world in His hands. Every part of it. ♥

      Delete